CHATRITY PTE LTD (“us” or “we”) is a for-profit company engaged in the business of commercial fundraising for charitable purposes. We operate a platform (“Chatrity”) that allows and facilitates fundraising activities for registered charities governed by the Charities Act (Cap.37) of Singapore. All sales or solicitation activities undertaken by CHATRITY PTE LTD shall be conducted via suitable online channels to be determined in the sole discretion of us. Such online channels may include social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok), chat messaging platforms (such as WhatsApp) and/or Chatrity’s website with the target to solicit donations from members of the public in Singapore. The following principles serve to guide us on how we will go about our business to achieve our operating objectives and form our duty, responsibility and commitment to you
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep Donor’s information safe and secure at all times
- Prominently display the percentage admin fee payable by charities for donations on our website at all times
- Perform screening/due diligence on charities and only allow donations to those charities who meet our requirements. As part of our onboarding process we will be verifying the
1) company status,
2) charity status and
3) whether the charities are receiving government assistance.
Note that only Singapore registered charities are eligible for our services.
- Be transparent and accountable for on all funds raised through us
- Donor deposits to be held in a separate bank account to the company’s bank account used to operate the business
- Comply with all applicable Singapore fundraising standards, regulations, rules and codes of best practice
- Keep in place procedures to detect and minimize the risks of fraud, money laundering and/or terrorist financing
- Comply with the Personal Data Protection Act and applicable regulations
- Respect all our donors, charity partners, suppliers and employees
- Constantly review our processes and principles to improve upon our commitment to you