- CHATRITY PTE LTD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the above terms from time to time and all changes will be posted on this page.
- Use and/or continued use of Chatrity.sg constitutes agreement by the Applicant to be bound by the terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use Chatrity.sg.
- CHATRITY PTE LTD reserves the right to terminate access to Chatrity.sg or delete any Chatrity.sg account if the account owner is in breach of any of these Terms or for any reason, at our sole discretion.
- These Terms apply to all Singapore registered charities, organisations and groups which set up a Chatrity.sg account (“Applicant”).
- CHATRITY PTE LTD may, in its absolute discretion, approve or reject an application for a Chatrity.sg account. Applicants shall furnish all required information via Chatrity.sg or to CHATRITY PTE LTD directly and shall also submit the following forms where applicable:
- Registered charities shall submit a Direct Credit Authorisation Form.
- Other registered organisations including government bodies, educational institutions, companies, registered societies and associations shall submit a Letter of Authorisation.
- Signed fundraising agreement
- Any information provided by the Applicant on Chatrity.sg may be reproduced, modified or displayed in whole or in part by CHATRITY PTE LTD on any other platform, app or website owned, operated or licensed by CHATRITY PTE LTD, for purposes of promoting volunteerism and philanthropy.
- The Applicant has no right to assign or transfer any of its rights hereunder and shall remain fully liable for all its obligations, and for the due performance thereof.
- The Applicant and CHATRITY PTE LTD shall not be deemed to be a partner or agent of the other nor shall anything herein, in particular the disbursement of the funds by CHATRITY PTE LTD be construed as creating a partnership, joint association, trust or collaboration and the Applicant agrees that it shall not represent, make any commitment or bind CHATRITY PTE LTD to third parties in any way.
The Applicant will:
- Use Chatrity.sg solely for the following purposes:
- Not use Chatrity.sg for any commercial purpose:
- Keep confidential information relating to access to Chatrity.sg, including but not limited to user name and password;
- Be solely responsible for any and all use of the Chatrity.sg account under Applicant’s user name and/or password and not sell, transfer or allow any other party to use the account. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Applicant will notify CHATRITY PTE LTD immediately if unauthorised use of password and/or account is suspected;
- Ensure that all equipment used to access Chatrity.sg are well maintained and free from computer viruses and programs of any kind which may cause harm or damage, including but not limited to use of updated anti-virus programs to prevent such equipment from acquiring and transmitting such viruses or programs;
- Be responsible for a bank account in Singapore to receive online donations;
- Thank donors and/or acknowledge donations received, where donor information has been provided;
- Where Applicant is an IPC, issue tax deductible receipts for donations made by donors if requested by donors and submit donors' particulars to IRAS for tax deduction;
- Where personal data about a donor or volunteer is known to the Applicant, as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2013) (“Personal Data”), Applicant shall provide protection of such Personal Data in accordance with the Act;
- Be responsible for true and updated information about the Applicant, its programmes, its use of donations and other information material to donors in Chatrity.sg. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Applicant shall inform CHATRITY PTE LTD immediately in writing if there are changes to the former’s charity and/or IPC status;
- Be accountable for donations received through Chatrity.sg, including but not limited to enquiries from donors regarding Applicant’s programmes, financial information and use of funds;
- Maintain a link to Chatrity.sg on Applicant’s website if this exists;
- Make timely payments to CHATRITY PTE LTD and other parties (see “Payments” below);
- Comply with all laws and regulations including but not limited to those regarding fundraising and personal data protection; and
- Use best efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of its volunteers.
- CHATRITY PTE LTD has obtained the consent of donors/volunteers to disclose their Personal Data to the Applicants only to allow the Applicants to process and administer the donation or volunteer activity. Applicants shall not use such Personal Data for any other purpose (including without limitation, sending marketing materials to the donors/volunteers) without first seeking express consent from the donors/volunteers.
- Registered charities shall pay a transaction fee of 3% of donations received plus prevailing GST on transaction fee. except where waived by CHATRITY PTE LTD:
- CHATRITY PTE LTD may at its sole discretion change the fees from time to time and shall notify Charity in advance of any change.
- CHATRITY PTE LTD shall disburse donations received to registered charities on a monthly basis and the charity shall notify CHATRITY PTE LTD in writing of any error or omission within 14 calendar days of the disbursement date, failing which CHATRITY PTE LTD’s record of donations received shall be final and binding on the charity.
- All donations received through fundraising campaigns will be disbursed to the relevant beneficiary charity regardless of whether the campaign has met, failed to meet or exceeded its fundraising target.
- CHATRITY PTE LTD shall invoice registered charities for transaction fees on a monthly basis for donations received in the preceding month. Charities shall notify CHATRITY PTE LTD of any error or omission in the invoice within 14 days of the invoice date, failing which the invoice shall be final and binding on the charity.
- Any payment made to CHATRITY PTE LTD is not refundable.
- Fees shall be payable when due. Fees owed shall be recoverable as a debt due from the Applicant to CHATRITY PTE LTD.
Dated: December, 2020
Is your charity looking for
an alternate source of donation?
We got your back! Schedule a discussion with us.